Friday, August 21, 2009

The end.

This has been a summer of change. While we set out to capture the experiences going raw, so many other things were in transition at the same time. Madeline started working full time, I graduated and will be starting grad school on Monday. We've learned so much about ourselves and have grown in so many ways.

The biggest change occurred several weeks ago, though, and we've been dealing with the aftermath ever since. After 5 years, Madeline and I have broken up. It was swift and sudden, unexpected and devastating. Certainly we struggled with our fair share of friction inherent in a relationship, but I truly did not expect things to end this way.

Dividing a shared household is messy. I am moving out, into my own apartment, in one week. I am taking the two older cats, Ruthie and Naomi. Mad is keeping Fred and Ethel.

I am heartbroken, but committed to strength, creating a new life for myself and starting over. I am thinking about starting a new blog, single-girl-takes-on-the-world-kind-of-thing. Some cooking, some decorating, knitting. I will not post a link here, but leave me a comment or send me a message if you'd like to be notified. It's just an idea at the moment, though. It may not come to fruition.

The end of a relationship is like a death, in some fashion. The loss of what was, of who we used to be, and everything we had. There is no opportunity for reconciliation. We crashed and burned rather spectacularly. But I deeply mourn the loss of our potential. I wanted so much more.

I want to end this blog with a memorial of us when we were happy together.

November 2004, one month after we began dating:

May 2009:

The end.

-Eloise

8 comments:

Jeremy Logsdon said...

I am truly sorry to hear how your summer has gone. Even though I only knew you through a blog, your loss is still quite sad for me to hear about. I hope you are surrounded by people who can help you, but if for any reason you need someone else, please feel free to email me. If nothing else, I can at least offer a shoulder. :)

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I would definitely like to keep up and in touch.
I am so sorry about the ending. =(
Be optimistic about a new beginning.

xoxo
lpm

Zucchini Breath said...

Sorry to hear about your break up. I would like to be notified if you update.
Take care :)

La SeƱorita Vegan said...

I just found your blog a few weeks ago and I really dig it. Please add me to the list of keeping updated!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Sorry.....

I would love a link to the new blog. My email addy is on my profile or you can leave me the link as a comment on one of my posts. Either way, whatever is easiest for you.

Thank you!

Donia said...

Sweet Eloise,
Thanks so much for sharing all that you have here. Hope that u are surrounded by love and support during this transition period. Please stay in touch, would love to read a new blog if it comes about. much love, donia.

Jeremy Logsdon said...

I don't know if you'll get this, but it's worth a shot. Hope you're still around and about and doing well. I'd love to hear from you; I found myself thinking of you the other day and hoping you were doing well.

veghunter said...

hey great blog really enjoyed browsing! I recently started my own if you would like to check it out at www.veghunter.wordpress.com
keep up the great work!!