Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 111

Yesterday, the back of my living room looked like this:

Today, it looks like this:
As an aside, why are cats never attracted to the thing specifically purchased for them, but run right to the new, shiny thing you'd rather not have them sitting on?

So our treadmill is here! We paid extra to have it delivered and set up, which was totally worth it. First of all, we're on the fourth floor and this thing weighs more than both Mad and I combined. Also, assembling Ikea furniture typically results in us not on speaking terms for a good couple hours. I guarantee if we tried to put this thing together, this would be an entirely different post.

Now we have no excuses left for not exercising and one very big and expensive reason why we should. Also, when you think about it, in the long term, we'll be saving money by not buying exercise apparel. I'm totally running in a sports bra and sneakers. Maybe undies. We'll see. I'm heading out shortly to get fitted for some new running shoes, and tomorrow starts day one of couch to 5k. I'm still going to the park to hike every other morning. Outside is good.

I haven't been posting a lot about food lately, cause honestly, it's boring. Madeline and I are doing 80/10/10, which is really amazing so far. It really makes sense with what I've thought all along: nuts are way too high in fat and calories, and getting into shape is not going to happen on a high fat diet. Even if it is raw. So mostly we eat fruit. Today so far, I've had 1/2 lb of strawberries and 9 peaches. I'm going to grab a bag of grapes to take with me on my way out. I'll make big salads for us tonight for dinner. Nothing really blog worthy.

I was just emailed some more pics from graduation, so here's one more that I love of Madeline, myself and my best friend, J:

-Eloise

6 comments:

Becki said...

The world's most expensive cat toy.... ;)

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Becki,

I know, right? They acted like I was the worst person ever! when I actually used the damn thing this morning. And then promptly went back to lounging on it as soon as I was done.

AUTISMOMMA said...

You are so cute, as always!

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Autismom,

Thank you so much!

By the way, do you reveal your real name online, or should I keep calling you Autismom? I've been wondering.

-Eloise

Anonymous said...

What is 80/10/10? I tried looking it up but can't find much information for someone completely clueless.

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Hi anonymous,

Thanks for asking! I decided to use that as inspiration for a post (here), so I hope you'll find it helpful.

-Eloise