Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 98

I look better in the picture on the right. But Madeline looks better in the picture below. I am going to post both, cause I'm considerate like that. ;)

I am heavily mired in finals (still), but I can see the end! One week and two days from now, I will have already walked across stage to, well, not get my diploma. They mail that later. But I'm sure it will be significant and symbolic all the same.

I have to say that at this point, raw has become rather rote. In a lot of ways, it's easier than just being vegan. When I'm heading to the library for a marathon research and study session, I dump the fruit bowl into my bag, and I know that I'll be good for the day. I used to think that just fruit and veggies were never filling, that I needed that starch to fill me up, but without bread and crackers in my diet, an apple hits the spot. I've been heavily subsisting off of apples lately.

Mad and I did venture down to Maryland Sheep and Wool last Sunday, which was fantastic, particularly if you have an affinity for the smell of wet sheep. It rained all day, as it has the entire week. We combated the slightly dismal prospect of traipsing in the mud with wet toes by tailgating in my car prior, hence the MySpace-esque self portraits. I do so wonder sometimes if perhaps I have been too academically minded when one of the highlights of my college years include pre-gaming before a yarn festival, but there you go. I had a lot of fun, and I scored some gorgeous yarn.

The best part of the day was getting to meet Jacey from Insubordiknit. I love her gorgeous yarn and her blog and her podcast, and she is just as sweet and funny in person as she is online, even after I accosted her introduced myself out in the open as we were all rushing from tent to tent to find cover. I had heard that she was going to be there on Sunday, so I admit, it was a goal of mine to meet her (and in the car on the way home, I kept asking Mad, "Was I a huge dork? I'm always much cooler in my head"). I have a piece that I submitted to her for an upcoming podcast, so stay tuned for forthcoming details!

-Eloise

No comments: