Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 92

Incidental salad face

Three months raw. I just did a quick tally in my head and have figured out that we've eaten cooked meals 6 times in the last 92 days, which I think is pretty impressive. It's getting a lot easier to eat raw now that it's getting warm. I am really looking forward to the summer. Graduation is two weeks from tomorrow, and this will be the first time I'm not taking classes during summer term in three years. I know that it's going to be difficult for me not having Madeline around, though. Her work schedule has been really intense: 12-18 hours a day five, sometime six, days a week, and it's been a huge adjustment. I am incredibly happy that she's enjoying her work and finding it fulfilling, but selfishly, I do miss her very much. I will be working this summer, but I'll still have a lot more free time. I'm going to make the best of it and really focus on myself and my well-being over the coming months.

One thing that Mad and I have both noticed-reproductive organ alert- is that eating raw is kind of screwing with our periods. For years, Mad was on a consistent 27 day cycles, but she's been rather irregular these past three months. I have always been very irregular, but the time between ovulation and actually getting my period has noticeably lengthened and the physical symptoms, primarily bloating and tenderness, have become acute. I'm really not enjoying this development. I've been reading very good things about evening primrose oil, though, and I'm going to try taking supplements next month to see if that helps.

Tomorrow, Mad has a rare day off, and we're traveling to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, which I am incredibly excited about. I have a huge batch of kale chips dehydrating and I made a giant fruit salad, so hopefully we'll have enough provisions to sustain us through the day. I highly doubt we'll find any raw vegan food among the fried oreos and lamb kebabs at the fairgrounds.

-Eloise

2 comments:

Althea said...

You two are in Maryland??? I was at the Glenwood Library on Friday and drove right past the festival. I went to Sheep and Wool last year. That is great! We have to meet at a potluck or something.

{{HUGS}}
Althea

Maybe we are rabbits said...

We're actually in Pennsylvania, so it's a bit of a drive for us, but nothing that can't be done in a day. A raw potluck would be awesome!

-Eloise