Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 30: snow day!

There is nothing more disappointing than a snow day on your only day off. Oh well. It's still a good excuse to spend the day sleeping in and then lounging in pajamas on the couch, catching up with the DVR. It was definitely a day that called for comfort food, so for breakfast I went looking for a raw food pancake substitute. We don't have a dehydrator yet, which eliminated most of the recipes, but I wound up making an adaptation of Coconut Breakfast Cakes. My version is pretty different from the original, so I'm going to post what I did:

Coconut Breakfast Cakes
2 1/4 cup milled flax
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 T almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup water

Mix in food processor until well combined and form into cakes. Top with fresh fruit if desired and enjoy!

They kind of tasted like bran muffins. I had mine with some sliced banana and Madeline topped hers with a little more maple syrup. Perfect comfort food.

-Eloise

No comments: