Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 76

It's been a very long week that was capped off with an audition and interview for the role student speaker at commencement. I'm very excited to have been nominated- there are 10 of us auditioning- but it was nerve wracking! I recited the first few minutes of Margaret Chase Smith's famous "Declaration of Conscience," which, by the way, is an amazing speech (you know, if you're in the mood for that sort of thing). I think it went fairly well, but we'll see. I also think it's a funny coincidence that my speech audition and the Day of Silence fell on the same day.

I've finally gotten my sun, but the kind-of-feeling-sick from earlier in the week has blossomed into full blown holy-crap-my-sinuses-are-going-to-explode. So I enjoyed it while I was on campus today, but opted to come home and curl up on the couch with some knitting instead of heading out to the park.

I needed some comfort food when I got home, so I made a banana shake. It was the perfect thing.

Urban Escape
2 pitted dates
1.5 c warm water
2 frozen bananas
splash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon

Soak the dates in the water for 20 minutes ( or as long as you can stand it). Add the dates and water to the blender along with the bananas, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend until creamy.

I was still kind of hungry when I finished it, though, so I made myself another, with the addition of 1.5 T cocoa powder for a chocolate version. Definitely what I needed this afternoon.


-Eloise

4 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Oooooh...I may have to pass on DH's pancakes tomorrow morning and opt for one of these - the chocolate version, of course! ;) We have way too many bananas around here right now and a few dates that need to "get gone" or they'll go bad.

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Hi Autismom!

Highly recommended. Frozen bananas are so great. It's basically how I trick myself into pretending I'm eating ice cream. ;)

-Eloise

Jeremy Logsdon said...

I'm kind of focusing on that tall, cool, skinny glass. Vaguely pilsner-y. I like it. :)

Jeremy

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Hey Jeremy,

We actually have a ridiculous amount of glassware in our kitchen. When we first moved in together, we did a lot of thrift store shopping and for some reason we went really overboard on the glasses... like martini glasses for 12. We have definitely never even used them. In fact, we pretty much use the same two glasses on an every day basis, but at least I have some interesting vessels for pictures.

-Eloise