Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 84

Sprouting cats

Please take note of Fred's whiskers on the left side of the image. He was being nosy.

So things have been feeling a little stagnant around here lately. I'm not sprouting and the cats have taken to using the station as a sunny chaise. Un-cooking happens in random fits of inspiration. Today was the first day in about two weeks that I made it to the park for a hike. All I can repeat is my tired mantra: school. It's school that's keeping me busy. In these last two weeks, I have a combined fifty plus pages to write. Albeit, a good portion of that is a lab report which is filled with data charts and tables, but still. It's time consuming.

I really had no business even going to the park today with all that needs to get done, but I had to pick up Mr. Bingley's cremains from the vet before it got too late, and once I leave campus, all bets are pretty much off. It's a gorgeous day, and it's hard to pass that up in comparison to the climate controlled lab or the library. I will be there all this weekend, though.

There is an end in sight, and once that happens, hopefully things will get a little more interesting around here. And I'll be able to spend all the time I want outside. Afterall, I have this new nifty gadget that's going to make me the coolest geek on the trails:

It's so dorky, and it's awesome.

-Eloise

No comments: