Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 78

It might not look like much (and the brown plate probably didn't help with presentation), but last night's dinner was. Really. Damn. Good. It's probably one of the most satisfying meals I've made, and my only complaint is that I should have made more.

The bread is another batch of onion bread, originally from here. I made a double batch, replaced the oil with an avocado, halved the Nama Shoyu and made up the difference with water. Dehydrated for 24 hours, flipped at 12. It was perfect, not too salty this time.

The burger is a marinated portobello cap. I de-stemmed and de-gilled them and marinated them for about 12 hours in the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/4 c olive olive oil, 1/2 t garlic powder and dashes of oregano, basil and sea salt (per cap). The only thing I would do differently would be to set the mushrooms to marinate the night before. They could take it, and it would have saved me time in the morning.

We have onion bread left over and some button mushrooms in the fridge. I think I might try marinating them and making mini-sandwiches for dinner tonight.

-Eloise

2 comments:

Becki said...

Um, I want to eat dinner at your house tonight!

Maybe we are rabbits said...

Becki,

I would invite you, but, uh, that would mean less for me...

You have to try the mushrooms. The marinade is so simple and I bet it would be phenomenal on some of your fresh baked bread.

-Eloise