Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day Five

Okay. Let's chalk up aforementioned "detox" symptoms as not eating. Which I highly do not recommend.

I feel really good today. I've gotten into a bit of a routine these past couple days that seems to be working well:

  • Breakfast: fresh fruit, usually a couple bananas as they're easiest to eat on my way out the door
  • Lunch: Large salad with lots of greens, some walnuts on top and some homemade dressing to dip on the side. The nuts really seem to make the difference between being satisfied and not. I have office hours from 11-1 every day I'm at school, so it gives me a chance to actually sit down and eat
  • Afternoon snack: fresh fruit usually consumed while walking across campus
  • Dinner: Large salad with avocado, guacamole if time permits
  • Dessert: A couple of squares of dark chocolate. This is not raw, but I definitely look forward to it.

Another non-raw indulgence I'm holding onto for the time being is tea. Actually, I don't know that I'll ever want to give it up. I don't drink a lot by most standards, I think, but I'm really attached to my green tea in the morning and my peppermint tea at night. I try to consume it an hour away, either before or after, from eating my raw foods.

I'm sure that being so busy and out of the house for so many hours of the day is making this much easier than if I had all the time in the world to think about food. Madeline has been on a short business trip (she gets home late tonight), and I'm curious to see how she's done out in the real world.

-Eloise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Followed the link from Livejournal.
I think it's a great idea to keep a blog of your experiences on the raw vegan diet! I'm not too far into 'rawdom' yet, because I've got some digestive issues that make cold turkey a problem. But I will be reading for meal ideas and the general experiences you have!

As for breakfast, I'm a big fan of the banana approach, too. What could be quicker, more portable, and less sticky? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey hey!
I followed the LJ link! Can I link to your blog from mine?I'm keeping a similar journal too and I'd like to be able to easily click on you!!
Mariah xo

Tarina. said...

Hi, Eloise.
You and Mad being raw vegan really has inspired me to become vegetarian, I would go raw or just vegan, but I am young and need the nutrition.
I see you are also a fan of green tea in the morning peppermint tea at night. Ah, they are such great teas.
I just started a blog today, and it's going to be similar to yours in its ways. But not completely, ha ha.
Your blogging really has inspired me. Thank yo very much for starting this blog.
-Tarina.