Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day Three

Quick post before bed.

Today was my first raw day of school. I packed my tiffin in the morning full of salad, dressing, plums, apples and walnuts. It went pretty well. I'm generally so busy that I wasn't thinking about food, really. I think I could have benefited from the three-tier tiffin instead of the two, though. My days are regularly 8 to 10 hours, and I was certainly starving by the time I got home.

Madeline worked from home today, and I think as a result, she's having a harder time with it. I also think that our food variety is limited by a lack of time and equipment. We would really benefit from a good blender and dehydrator to make soups, nut butters, crackers, etc, but $800 just isn't in the budget at the moment. I need to make it a priority to go through recipes and find creative ways to keep us satisfied. 

It may be psychological (or the fact that I *ahem* eliminated three times today), but I feel physically lighter. My head is still heavy and I'm kind of mucus-y, but this may or may not be the result of the cold I had when we started. 

Here's to hoping that a couple avocados ripen for tomorrow....

-Eloise

No comments: